Examining Your Roof for Wind Damage
Complete an Outdoor Inspection: Keep an eye out for missing and damaged shingles (warped, cracked, warped, blistered, ripped, granular-loss) on your roof and encompassing your property. If the damage is confined to below 30 percent of the entire roof, an Evansville Roofing professional may be able to fix the problems. But, if there is more widespread damage then a full roof replacement is probably the answer. Furthermore, bear in mind that there may also be other negative impacts to the gutter system including downspouts, chimney, vent pipes, flashing, and rooftop appliances. Make sure these are inspected for damage too. If you speculate that your roof may have damage, here is an essential list of conditions to watch out for:
- Composition Shingles: Curling, granular loss, broken, damaged and missing shingles.
- Wood Shake Shingles: Mold, algae, decay, splitting, rot, and curling.
- Flat Roof: Blatant repair patches, cracks, buckles, tears, rips, wrinkles, and blisters.Evansville Roofers suggest that the patched sections should also be inspected from inside the attic.
- Roof Flashing: Rips, tears, buckling around roof openings.
- Soffits and fascia: Cracks, holes, decay, moisture-stains.
- Soffit and Ridge Vents: Looks for obstructions in the vents, and damaged vents, flashing, or shingles near them that are starting to curl or even missing.
- Gutters: Corrosion or rust, decay, leakage at the seams, loosely connected to the building, sagging, missing segments, plugged up with debris. Clogged gutters can quickly freeze shut and create extreme weight on the fasteners, ice dam formation, and slippery sidewalks beneath.
- Chimneys: Damage to the flashing, bricks, cap or fractured joints. Chimney flashing is particularly prone to ripping because a chimney settles separately from the home.
Complete an Indoor Inspection: If you notice watermarks that are brown, yellow, and/or grey, or peeling paint on the ceilings and walls you may have a roof that is leaking. Be sure to look up into your attic for damp rafters or visible water intrusion and leaks. If you have had a sudden spike in your energy charges, Roofers in Evansville know it very well could be a sign that your roof ventilation has been compromised.
Call in a Professional: Call over an Evansville Roofer to conduct a professional inspection. Getting on your roof yourself is not recommended as it can lead to personal injury and also further damage to your property. A trained professional also has the tools and safety techniques to get up on your roof and check for damage.
CALL FRALEY'S HOME IMPROVEMENT AT(270) 826-0627 TODAY!