Evansville Roof Repair; Warning Signs To Watch For
What to Look for When Inspecting for Roof Damage
Why wait for a leaking roof to drip, drip, drip? It is a good idea to inspect your roof on a regular basis, especially if you live in an area of the country where harsh weather is common. You may inspect your roof by climbing on it or looking through binoculars from the ground or you can contact your local GAF Certified Evansville roofing contractor to schedule a free inspection.
If you decide to go up on the roof yourself, make sure to use the appropriate safety equipment to avoid falling or injuring yourself!!!
Here are some things to keep an eye out for:
- Examine the flashing for any damage or insufficient covering.
- Look for damage under eaves and overhangs.
- Check for any missing, cracked, curled, ripped, or warped shingles.
- Look for any seams or joints that are not closed.
- Examine your nails for burst or rusty nails, as well as spots around them.
- Keep an eye out for symptoms of insect or vermin infestation (squirrels love climbing on roofs).
- Examine any portions that are sinking or unsound.
- Examine the fascia and eaves for decay.
- Check your roof ventilation sources to make sure they are not clogged.
- Inspect gutters for sagging or leaks, and make sure any leaves or debris are removed.
- Look for any black areas or signs of biological growth.
- Check for exposed nails around flashings and around pipes and roof penetrations to ensure they are sealed and in good working order (if so, they should be sealed).
- Look for signs of leaks, dark areas, holes, or sagging sheathing inside the attic.
You can do all of this yourself, but if you are not comfortable wandering around on your roof or ascending a ladder in the first place, or if you just want a professional inspection, Fraleys Home Improvement has the best roofers in Evansville.
Call Us Today to Schedule an Appointment at (270) 826-0627